You don't need this project or any custom software to get started today!
- Create an account for your podcast on any existing Fediverse server (Mastodon/Pleroma/Castopod/etc), or host your own.
- For each new episode you publish, create a post for it and add the post url to the tag in your podcast's rss feed.
<rss xmlns:podcast="https://podcastindex.org/namespace/1.0" ...> ... <item> <title>Episode 70: An episode about nothing</title> ... <podcast:socialInteract platform="mastodon" protocol="activitypub" accountId="@yourpodcast"> https://mastodon.social/@yourpodcast/123456123456123456 </podcast:socialInteract> </item> ... </rss>
Podcast App Developers
Assuming you have an existing user/profile system in your app, you need to:
- Create and host an ActivityPub for each of your users that wants to post a comment
- Create and host an ActivityPub object of type for each comment generated by your app, using the attribute to reference the parent comment on the remote Fediverse server
- Create and host an ActivityPub activity of type that points to the Note
- Federate the Create activity over to the remote Fediverse server, via an HTTP
POSTto the remote user's
- Federate out profile updates (Update Actor activities) and "likes" (Like Object activities) in a similar way
- Implement lookups for each of your Actors
- Maintain a separate rsa keypair for each Actor to
What is Minipub?
Minipub is an open-source microservice for podcast app developers that does all of this for you.